Whatever you celebrate whether its Easter of Passover, I wish you a hopeful celebration during this difficult time. And if you read to the end of this post, maybe I can offer you a little laughter too.
We’re all struggling with worries, whether its over loved ones in the hospital, those who are fighting off the effects of this virus at home, or the worry that the next supermarket trip you take is going to cause you to get infected.
At present I have three family members in the hospital fighting the virus and two that are, so far, able to fight it well enough at home. And regarding my last supermarket trip, well lets just say wearing a mask, and adding the step of swiping every item down with rubbing alcohol, as well as the car door handles and steering wheel before putting everything away, hasn’t made it any more of an enjoyable experience.
Along with that we’re trying to hold on to and do our jobs as best we can. My school just recently began tele-teaching/tele-therapy this past week and ooo boy is it a challenge. Who would’ve thought that working with students remotely would be more work than in person? Not me, but it is. Have you found remote work harder? How so?
And on top of that we have to live up to our responsibilities, as well as be there for our family, and friends even if its over Zoom. That’s a lot to be dealing with all at once. And so I for one think we definitely need a laugh. We need something to make us feel better.
My cousin sent me this list of mostly one liners that made me smile, and a few brought on a laugh so I thought they might make you smile and laugh too. I hope they do.
· Still haven’t decided where to go for Easter /Passover—– The Living Room or The Bedroom
· PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
· Home-schooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.
· I don’t think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we’d go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone
· (I can relate) This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog….. we laughed a lot.
· Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
· My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.
· I’m so excited — it’s time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?
· I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to ‘’Puerto Backyarda’’. I’m getting tired of ‘’Los Livingroom’’.
· Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said “I hope I don’t have the same teacher next year”…. I’m offended.
· Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under….